Pages

2011/12/15

2007 Festiblog Interview

Anon asked, so here it is - my translation of the 2007 Festiblog interview:

Another "new guy" at this year's event. A lemur that is well-known in the blogosphere. An author that the girls find attractive and who is preparing to delight the fans of Spirou: Fabrice Tarrin.

An advice after reading the interview: It is better to come to the festival, if you want real answers. ;)

How did you start drawing?

In kindergarten without stopping.

Have you received training?

No.

Can you present your blog? How did you become a blogger?

It was thanks to Laurel who kept bugging me for months to create one with her. Since then it became really addictive. My blog is primarily about my autobiographical adventures (99% of it is true), my friends, my relationships and my work. The characters are represented by animals (I'm the Lemur).

What is your main goal when blogging?

To have a huge amount of visitors to flatter my ego.

Who are your readers nowadays?

Those of Laurel's blog.

How much time do you spend on your entries (per day / per week)?

1 hour per day on average. Sometimes more.

Do you draw the comics specifically for the blog or are they scans from a sketchbook or is it stuff that has already been published elsewhere?

Yes, I draw them for the blog specifically.

And how do you draw them?

With my left hand.

How much time do you spend reading other blogs?

Too much.

Which are your favorite blogs? (Name the links)

Those of Laurel, Kek, Neidhardt and Chicou-Chicou.

Have you met people through blogs?

Yes, a lot.

Do you know a particular anecdote that's blog-related?

No, several.

Are you sensitive to comments?

Yes.

What do you like about blogs and blogging?

The stories.

What do you like least about blogs?

The lack of humor.

Do you feel we're moving towards a world of webcomics?

Yes.

Can you imagine that readers will ever pay to read comics online?

Yes.

And outside of blogs where can we see your work?

In comic magazines, or in bookstores.

Can you talk about your books?

They are very good, buy them all!

What do you expect from the festival?

To meet my fans and my colleagues.

A final message for your fans?

I love you all. Especially you!

No comments:

Post a Comment